A member of the House Intelligence Committee told Human Events that the pattern of miscommunication and mixed messages following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya remind him of the famous Abbott and Costello “Who’s on First?” routine–only worse.

“It almost makes that look like a serious conversation,” said Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.), referring to the comedy skit.
New documents have come to light almost daily that give greater depth to an emerging pattern of questionable security calls that may have made the Benghazi consulate more vulnerable to attack.

Foreign Policy reports today that letters and documents recovered by the publication from the rubble around the consulate highlight concerns from American Foreign Service officers about the level of surveillance by members of the Libyan police that had been observed around the consulate–revelations that raise serious questions about whether local officials aided the attackers.