Wow. This is not going away. Trump has certainly made his case and when you also have Ben Carson mad, it doesn’t look good.
Check it out:
Furious Donald Trump demands new Iowa ‘election’ because Ted Cruz ‘stole’ it with ‘fraud’ including dirty tricks and fake warnings to voters.
- Donald Trump went on a Twitter rant after losing in the Iowa caucuses to Ted Cruz
- He accused Cruz of fraud after his campaign admitting to spreading claims that Ben Carson was quitting the race
- Trump got 24.31 percent to Cruz’s 27.65. Rubio, in third place, received 23.1 percent. Cruz bested Trump by more than 6,000 votes
- ‘I came in second and the person that came in third was praised as though he had a great victory but they didn’t say that about me,’ he said today
- See more of the latest news on Donald Trump’s Iowa loss to Ted Cruz
A furious Donald Trump today accused Ted Cruz of ‘fraud’ in Iowa and demanded a new election.
Trump highlighted the Cruz camp’s admission that they had spread false rumors that Ben Carson was quitting the race and said: ‘Many people voted for Cruz over Carson because of this Cruz fraud.’
And he also referred to a letter sent to voters to the Cruz campaign which appeared to be an official warning that they had to turn out and which was branded a ‘violation’.
But Cruz did apologize for his campaign’s emails to supporters claiming that Carson was withdrawing from the race – which meant that Carson’s caucus-goers would instead support Cruz.
Cruz called it ‘a mistake.’
‘Last night when our political team saw the CNN post saying that Dr. Carson was not carrying on to New Hampshire and South Carolina, our campaign updated grassroots leaders just as we would with any breaking news story,’ Cruz said in a statement.
‘That’s fair game. What the team then should have done was send around the follow-up statement from the Carson campaign clarifying that he was indeed staying in the race when that came out.’