Farmers and ranchers who need to recover from the recent severe storms that devastated Joplin and other areas in Missouri can turn to a team of federal agencies for assistance.

Farmers and ranchers can obtain aid tailored to their special needs from the United States Department of Agriculture. These benefits are administered by the Farm Service Agency, the Department of Agriculture’s arm in Missouri.

That is in addition to the wide array of disaster recovery assistance provided by FEMA for damage to homes, temporary housing, and other assistance.

“Farmers impacted by the severe weather should know that there are a number of USDA programs that can help,” said Gerald Hrdina, Conservation Program Specialist for the Missouri Farm Service Agency. “Anyone who feels they are eligible should contact their county or state FSA office